Skip to main content

For those

For those of us that believe that life judges us, life has always been judging us, since we were unaware, all the way way to now. Either we succumb to it's judgement or we take a stance to be ourselves. Beliefs in naivety are shattered as life throws shards of reality at us.  Doomed are those that stunt at the first signs of affection and comfort for the way of life is to always find the next biggest opportunity and next biggest avenue of growth.  But comfort to us is in knowing where it started for us, what kept us going while the world stood against all we believed in. What was the beginning when all seemed doomed. IT was what formed us and what will see us to the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Secrets

Tharini had tagged me to write about a material object which holds lots of memories and here it goes.... My husband had gifted me this CD on our 2 nd anniversary and right the next day we'd moved into an 8 th floor apartment with a sweeping view. There we used to listen to this CD almost every evening, sitting in the balcony. Anytime I pop in this CD, it magically transports me to that place. I can see the apartment floating in front of my eyes, the layout, the view, the roses we had in the balcony, the conversations we used to have.... everything. I remember even the distinct smell of our stinky dishwasher ;) Anyway, it's one of my favorite CDs to this day. I particularly like the second song : 'The Mummers' dance'.

Reminiscing

Reading a post about toddlers' home-brewed language prompted me to do a post on blueM&M's vocabulary during his second year of life: "ma" = spoon or pen "na-na" = nighty-night, sleepy "thakathak" = computer Maybe it's because the keyboard makes that kind of a noise. "ayyayyo" = broken "aa khachak" = piercing with a fork "Goggulgo Goggulgo Goggulgo ..." = I want that The frequency of the word indicated how desperately he wanted the thing. To this day we haven't been able to figure out how he made up that word. It certainly has nothing to do with any language that I know of. . . . Unfortunately (or not) pinkM&M's language had developed very fast, so we don't have many funny memories, except for the one where she'd say 'M pussing me' for 'M pushing me'. But I could definitely do a post on her expressions.

Touching base

R2I has taken a shape of it's own and it's driving us now and not the other way around. We have the final date set in stone : May 14 th it is. It twists my stomach to even imagine what it's going to feel like, to just say Good bye to the land that's been home for 13 years. Anyway, not the time to get emotional. The shipping date is about 2 weeks away, so we're scrambling and running around, buying stuff. So many to do lists and so little time...... Will try to post again soon.